During the festive season, most of us go through a hectic schedule like going out with friends/relatives and have hardly any time to take care of our hair. Hence regular exposure to pollution, sunlight, and chemicals makes our hair dry, damaged and lifeless. Regular shampoo/conditioners and occasional hair spa do help to an extent but there is nothing like a homemade herbal treatment. Today we are going to share with you some homemade nourishing hair packs which if used properly will not only make the hair soft, shiny and manageable but will also improve the hair texture.
Egg and Banana Pack
This pack is actually a nourishing pack as it contains egg, banana, and vitamin E. To start with, take 2 fully ripe bananas and smash it to a smooth paste. Take 2 eggs, beat them nicely and add one lemon juice (to avoid the egg odor). Mix all the ingredients together and now add two vitamin E capsules. Now apply the pack all over your hair & scalp. Wear a shower cap as this pack is a bit runny. Wait for 30 minutes and rinse hair followed by shampoo/conditioner. Your hair will be soft, shiny and healthy. Use it twice a week.
Curd and Fenugreek Pack
This is one of the most effective homemade hair packs. To make this pack soak 50gms of fenugreek seeds in water for overnight. Grind the seeds next day; add some water to make a paste. Now add 4 tbsp of curd in fenugreek paste, add honey & 1 tsp of olive oil. Make a smooth paste and apply generously; every part of your hair and scalp must be covered with the pack. Wear a shower cap. After 45 minutes; rinse your hair with a mild shampoo. This pack will surely make your hair wonderful. Use this twice a week.
Egg and Yogurt Pack
While an egg is full of protein and fats, the yogurt is a rich source of milk, fat and lactic acid. Actually, the protein contained in eggs is the highest-quality protein that you can ever find in any food. The ingredients in this mask make it the best homemade hair mask for dry and damaged hair. It boosts hair growth and helps keep hair moisturized, clean and well-conditioned. This mask also regulates excessive oil to make your hair soft.
1. Take 2 eggs, 1 cup of Yogurt, 1 squeeze of lemon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Separate the egg whites and egg yolk. For oily greasy hair use egg whites and if you have dry brittle hair use egg yolk.
3. Add in yogurt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
4. Add a squeeze of a lemon with the mixture to give a stimulating feel to your scalp.
5. Massage the mask thoroughly into your scalp, starting from roots to the split ends. Allow the mask to sit for at least 15 minutes.
6. Use mild shampoo for a final cleansing of your hair to get rid of the egg-y smell.
Coconut Oil Pack
Coconut oil works well on dry hair. While using coconut oil on hair, it is recommended that you add in olive oil also to make a good treatment for dry and damaged hair. Coconut oil moisturizes the dull and dry hair and turns them into soft, thick, and healthy hair. It keeps your scalp and hair well hydrated.
1. Take coconut oil and olive oil.
2. Mix coconut oil and olive oil in a 2:1 ratio in a glass bowl.
3. Massage the mixture thoroughly into your scalp and hair. Wrap your hair using a shower cap. Let it sit on your hair for at least 20-30 minutes.
4. Rinse it off with water and apply your favorite shampoo, as per your needs.