- For Qeema Filling
- Beef Minced : 500 gm
- Onion (Chopped) : 2 tablespoons
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon each
- National Sabzi Masala : 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
- Green Chili (finely Chopped) : 2 pods
- Fresh coriander (finely chopped) : 1 tablespoon
- Spring Onion (finely chopped) : 5 tablespoons
- Cheddar Cheese (grated) : 100 gm
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- For The Roti Dough
- All-purpose Flour (Maida) : 5 cups
- Baking Soda : half teaspoon
- Sugar : 1 tablespoon
- National Iodized Salt : 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt : 2 tablespoons
- Egg : 2
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) for frying
In a sauce pan put the minced beef, onion, National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, & National Sabzi Masala.
Add to it half a cup of water.
Cook with the lid covered for about 10 minutes on a low heat till all the moisture dries out.
Once dry, cool it down to room temperature and add green chili, fresh coriander, spring onions and grated cheddar cheese.
Add National Iodized Salt, if required.
Keep aside to be used for filling.
Combine all the ingredients except for the ghee and knead it well for 10 minutes till it becomes soft and smooth dough.
Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes
Divide the dough in 10 balls. Cover & let it rest for 5 minutes
Heat a tawa at medium heat.
Roll out two dough balls to form circles, each about 8 inches in diameter.
Put a thick layer of the Qeema Filling on one dough circle.
Dampen the edges with a little water using your finger and place the other rolled-out dough circle on top. Press and seal the edges together, making sure there are no gaps.
Gently press the dough from center towards the edge to eliminate any air-pockets.
Fry on the heated tawa, using a little ghee till its golden in color from both sides.
Best accompanied with National Mixed Pickle.
This recipe is taken from Madeeasy.