- For Chicken Tikka
- Chicken (Tikka Cut) : 4 pieces
- Yogurt : 4 tablespoons
- Lemon Juice : 2 tablespoons
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon each
- Raw Papaya Paste : 1 tablespoon
- National Chicken Tikka Masala : 1/2 packet
- National Chinese Chili Sauce : 1 tablespoon
- Zarda / Orange Food Color : 1/4 teaspoon
- Charcoal : 1 inch piece, for dum
- Oil : 5 tablespoons
- For Biryani Masala
- National Basmati Rice : 3 cups
- Oil : 1 cup
- Onion (sliced) : 1 medium
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon each
- National Quorma Masala : 1/2 packet
- Crushed Chili : 1 tablespoon
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- Yogurt : 2 cups
- Green Chili : 3-4
- Fresh Coriander (chopped) : 2 tablespoons
- Fresh Mint (leaves) : 2 tablespoons
- Lemon (sliced) : 4-5 medium
- Zarda / Orange Food Color : 1/8 teaspoon
For Chicken Tikka Marination
Using a knife make cuts in chicken tikka pieces.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the last two and rub it thoroughly onto the chicken pieces. Cover the remaining with marinade. Give it a koyle-ka-dum and allow it to marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Heat the oil & cook marinated chicken tikka on a high heat just to get a little color.
Add half a cup of water and cook with the lid covered for 15 minutes. After a few minutes flip to ensure even cooking on both sides. Cook until the meat is tender. Keep aside.
For Biryani Masala
Wash & soak National Basmati Rice for at least 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the onions till they are golden in color.
To this add National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, National Quorma Masala, crushed chili, National Iodized Salt and yogurt; cook for 4-5 minutes.
In a large pan bring 3 liters of water to a rapid boil; add 3 tbsp National Iodized Salt and 2-3 lemons (sliced). Add the drained rice and boil till rice reaches do kanni stage. Strain.
Start layering the masala with the cooked chicken tikkas. Then sprinkle green chili, fresh coriander, fresh mint leaves, and lemon slices.Finally top with the rice and sprinkle a pinch of orange food color. Leave for dum.
Mix gently and serve!
This recipe is taken from Madeeasy.