Death by Chocolate – A Killer Chocolate Cake, a Chocoholic’s dream
- 1 (19- to 21-ounce) package brownie mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (see Options)
- 2 (3.9-ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 8 (1.4-ounce) chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (such as Skor or Heath), coarsely crushed
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven and bake brownie batter in a 9- x 13-inch baking pan according to package directions; allow to cool completely.
- Use a fork to prick holes in top of cooled brownies; drizzle with coffee liqueur.
- Break up brownies into small pieces. Coarsely crush candy bars in a food processor or by gently tapping the wrapped bars with a hammer. Place half the brownies in bottom of a trifle dish or large glass serving bowl. Cover with half the pudding then one-third of the crushed candy and half the whipped topping. Repeat layers and top with the remaining crushed candy.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Instead of coffee liqueur, you can use a mixture of 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 cup leftover black coffee, or leave out the coffee flavoring entirely. It’ll still taste just as delicious!