You just have to try this yummy, moist carrot cake. I bet it will take the first place in your dessert list.
- 8 ounces unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Grease a 13×9-in. baking dish.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat eggs, carrots, sugars, oil, drained pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into carrot mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Spread over cake.