- Prawns (medium) : 500 gm cleaned and de-veined
- Oil : 1/2 cup
- Onion (sliced) : 5 medium
- Tomatoes : 3
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon each
- National Karahi Masala : 2 tablespoons
- National Crushed Chili : 1 & 1/2 teaspoons
- National Black Pepper Powder : 1 & 1/2 teaspoons
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- Green Chili (chopped) : 3-4 pods
- Fresh Coriander (chopped) : 2 tablespoons
Shell the prawns leaving the tail. Make a small cut on the back to devein the prawns and wash.
Boil 1 liter of water and blanch the prawns and tomatoes. Strain and keep aside.
In a pot, heat the oil and fry the onions till they are light golden in color.
Blanch and de-skin the tomatoes; chop. Add the chopped tomatoes to the onions along with National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, crushed chili and National Karahi Masala. Cook until the tomatoes soften.
To this masala, add the blanched prawns and leave it for dum for 5 minutes.
Check the seasoning; if required add National Iodized Salt.
Turn the heat to medium and do bhunai for few minutes.
Sprinkle National Black Pepper, green chilies, and squeeze half a lemon.
Serve hot with naan/roti.
This recipe is taken from Madeeasy.