- 1 – 2 fish, cleaned and cut into fillets (at least 4 large fillets or 8 small fillets)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds (sabit dhaniya)
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon plain flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 teaspoon garam masala – for garnish.
- Vegetable oil to fry
- 1. Grind coriander seeds (sabit dhaniya), fennel (saunf) and garlic cloves in a spice grinder. Alternatively, you can use a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin. Set aside.
- 2. In a shallow plate, add the flour, turmeric (haldi), chili powder and the ground masala. Stir well with a fork.
- 3. Place the fish fillets in the masala mix. Coat on both sides and then keep aside.
- 4. Heat oil in a frying pan. The fish will be shallow fried so make sure there is about an inch of oil in the pan.
- 5. Test the oil by dropping a little piece of fish and make sure it sizzles and turns brown.
- 6. Carefully add the fish fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side till it is cooked through. Be gentle when turning it over to make sure it doesn’t break.
Article Tags:Fried Fish recipe · recipe · recipes · Sindhi Fried Fish recipe · Sindhi Masala Fried Fish